Users of Firefox are required to take immediate action!
It is a matter of urgency that users of Firefox be aware that there are a number of leading critical security vulnerability issues that affect the web browser currently. Fortunately with the right action and the latest Mozilla updates this can be corrected and will the threat be a thing of the past.
The updates will deal with weakness found in Firefox 44 and the Extended Support Release or better known as ESR version 38.6. ESR is well designed for use by businesses, education institutions, and governments. However it is important to remember that the basic Firefox was originally intended for use by individuals for personal and simplistic use.
The vulnerabilities targeted are;
- Where a hacker creates and sends a malicious file to your computer. By using this file, they are able to execute a code on your computer.
- This vulnerability is designed and used to crash your computer and allow the attacker to get access to your computer.
- Obviously with access to your computer private and confidential information is at risk and can cause serious damage or loss.
Immediate Steps To Take:
One of the immediate and urgent steps to take in order to deal with the current security vulnerability in an effective way is to make sure that the updates are set to be done automatically. This can be done with the following steps:
- Go to the Menu button placed in the top right corner and select Options.
- Go to Advance and select the Update option.
- Select “Automatically Install Updates”.
- Click on Apply.
In addition, it is important to be aware that Mozilla provides all the necessary installation instructions on how to apply these important updates to address the current Firefox security vulnerability.